8 Reasons You Should Be Drinking More Water
We all know we should drink more water. It is the basis for life and the average adult body is made up of 65%-70% water. But do you really know why drinking water is so important? Here are my top 8 reasons for drinking more water and how it can change your health for the better!
- Keep your Joints Healthy – Water helps keep your joints safe. Water hydrates your joints and keeps the cartilage soft which allows the joints to move smoothly.
- Keep your Skin Healthy – One of the first places you will notice changes when drinking more water is your skin. Your skin is made up of cells like everything else in your body. Cells need water to function optimally. Your skin will be softer, you will break out less and you will be less prone to wrinkles.
- Help Protect your Back – Your discs act as shock absorbers to protect your spine. Keeping them well hydrated ensures they perform their function properly.
- Flush Out Toxins -Your body absorbs a lot of toxins each day through the air and the food we eat and drink. Our kidneys act to filter out these toxins. If you stay properly hydrated your kidneys will operate at their peak performance keeping your body safe.
- Help Prevent UTI’s – Drinking plenty of water each day can help to keep away UTI’s by flushing out bacteria and infection.
- Increase Your Energy – When you are dehydrated your body has to work harder and is fatigued. Drink plenty of water to keep your energy levels up all day.
- Stop Bad Breath – Drinking water helps to wash away bacteria and food that may be sticking around in your mouth. If you suffer from morning breath all day, try drinking more water.
- Help Keep your Blood Pressure Down – The typical western diet is heavy in salt. Sodium increases your blood pressure. By staying well hydrated, sodium is diluted and the excess is excreted by the kidneys helping to keep your blood pressure down.
About Dr. Michael Boychuk:
Dr. Michael is an expert on health and wellness. His passion is to get people out of pain and teach them about their health so they can work easier, get healthier, and enjoy all aspects of life. Dr. Michael graduated from New York Chiropractic College and holds a Kinesiology Degree from York University. His hobbies include martial arts, playing guitar, and reading.
Do you have questions about your health? Interested in a wellness talk at your work or at an event? Just reach out and ask. I am dedicated to building a happier and healthier community!
Dr. Michael Boychuk, Chiropractor
Optimum Wellness Centres, South Brampton Clinic
15 Resolution Dr. Brampton, Ontario. (905)-460-8484